Jump Start Kindergarten
Jump Start Kindergarten is for any student who will be entering Kindergarten at Joppa Elementary School during the 2020-2021 school year and is not presently enrolled in a Grainger County School's Pre-School Program.
For more information or to register please call (865) 828-5721.
1. Students will learn strategies for phonemic awareness.
2. Students will develop a greater understanding of the alphabetic principal.
3. Students will be immersed in a print rich environment to develop an awareness of print and written language.
4. Parents will receive literacy training, learn kindergarten content standards, and become active participants in their child's education to develop home / school connections.
5. Students will become an active member of the kindergarten class community.