Positive Behavior 3rd-4th Grades
It is our mission at Joppa Elementary School to create academically proficient, responsible learners in a safe, supportive environment as they complete their academic program. To assist with putting this mission into action, we have adopted the following school-wide positive behavior support plan to clarify expectations and guidelines for student behavior. Our school-wide expectations are:
Be Ready! Be Respectful! Be Responsible!
Our school has developed and will provide each student with a copy of a matrix (see below) which provides behavior expectations and procedures for different areas within the school. Examples and non-examples of appropriate school and classroom behavior will be modeled and clarified for students through school-wide and classroom specific instruction throughout the school year. In addition to the school-wide rules, each teacher will have his/her own classroom rules posted in his/her room.
• The following check system and attendance requirements will be used to determine eligibility for reward activities for grades three and four. Students will have the opportunity to earn reward activities every three weeks.
• 1st Card- Warning
• 2nd Cards- 1 Check
• 3rd Cards- 2 Checks
• 4th Cards- 3 Checks = Office Referral
Criteria for student eligibility to participate in reward activities-
• 5 Checks- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 3-week reward activity. (This 30 minute activity is by grade level.)
• 10 Checks- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 6-week reward activity. (This 45 minute activity will take place during flex.)
• 15 Checks- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 9-week reward activity. (Examples include: inflatables, sponge throw, etc.)
• An office referral will result in the loss of all reward activities for the remainder of the nine weeks.
• Attendance is very important to academic success. To reward students for good attendance the following will result in loss of reward activities. (Tardy means: student arrives after 8:15am or leaves before 2:45pm. Note: teachers in grade five ask that students not be picked up until car rider time: 2:55pm).
• 3 Unexcused Absences and/or Tardies- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 3-week reward activity.
• 6 Unexcused Absences and/or Tardies- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 6-week reward activity.
• 9 Unexcused Absences and/or Tardies- Student will not be allowed to participate in the 9-week reward activity.
Our goal at Joppa School is to guide and encourage students to become responsible and respectful individuals, ready to make conscientious decisions that affect their future. We work each day to show students the positive outcomes they can achieve by making good decisions. By working together with students and their families, we can make a difference.
The faculty and staff of Joppa Elementary School would like to thank the parents and family of our students, without your support the success of this program would not be possible.