• Our Mission is to create academically proficient, responsible learners in a safe, supportive environment as they complete their academic program.
• Our Vision is to be a safe and nurturing school where every individual is self-motivated, conscientious, and successful.
• Students’ learning needs are the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
• Curriculum, instructional and assessment practices incorporate a variety of leaning activities to support differences in student needs and abilities.
• A student’s self-image is enhanced by positive relationships with a mutual respect for staff members and fellow students.
• Faculty, staff, administration, parents, and community share the responsibility and input for advancing the school’s mission.
About The School
• Joppa Elementary School serves the children of the Joppa Community, encompassing both the Rutledge and Blaine area, in grades Pre-Kindergarten through Sixth grades. Currently we have approximately 500 children enrolled at our school.
• Our school offers a variety of learning opportunities for its students, faculty, and staff members. The administration, highly qualified teachers, staff, and parents work together to provide a positive, nurturing, student-centered learning environment. High standards for student achievements are accomplished by a balanced curriculum with a strong academic focus. Basic skills in language arts and math are emphasized as essential tools in decision making, problem solving, critical thinking, and creativity. Evaluation of student growth is continually shared with both the students and parents through our school assemblies, parent conferences, newsletters, and team meetings.
• Our school works diligently to meet the individual needs of our students. We use diverse forms of instruction, researched based programs and strategies, and we integrate various technology-based activities into our daily instruction.
• In addition to our well-rounded core curriulumn we offer many additional programs to benefit our students such as the morning Fast Math Computer Lab Program, D.A.R.E., 4-H, Accelerated Reader, DIBELS, Honors Club, J-STARS (Joppa Students Taking Action Responsibily at School) FAB (Fabulous Activities for the Brain) Fridays, and SWPB (School-Wide Positive Behavior Reward Program).